14 March 2018 – 21 March 2018
SACEP Message on Environment
“The science of environment is a new emerging discipline which is gaining importance by every passing day. It is multidimensional permeating the ambit of both social and natural sciences and is therefore highly dynamic in space and time. It facilitates life on earth, poses challenges as well as threats to the humanity. Therefore to convert these challenges into opportunities and mitigate threats we must join hands at global, regional, national and sub-national level for sustainable development in the future”
Clean Air Week 2018 will be held from 19-23 March 2018 at the UN Conference Center in Bangkok,Thailand.
Clean Air Week 2018 will be held from 19-23rd March 2018 at the UN Conference Center in Bangkok,Thailand. It is a week-long event that brings together governments leaders, experts, private sector and civil society organizations in a series of events focused on solutions for better air quality in the Asia Pacific region.
Dr.Muhammad Khurshid, Director General of SACEP will be participating as a panelist for Session 7: Working together against air pollution – Partnerships and cooperation at the 2018 Asia Pacific Clean Air Partnership Joint Forum. This session is scheduled on 22 March, 14:00 – 16:00 at the UNCC Conference Room 2 and it will be facilitated by Ms. Helena Molin-Valdes, Head of Secretariat, Climate and Clean Air Coalition.
This panel discussion seeks to discuss how networks and initiatives can help promote innovative solutions and support upscaling of their implementation. The panelists will share their views and experience to help achieve the UN Environment Assembly Resolution on Air Quality at regional, sub-regional, national, and local levels. They will explore the challenges and opportunities, collective actions and impacts of partnerships and cooperative engagements.
HRH The Prince of Wales Announces a Global Call to Action for International Year of the Reef 2018.
LONDON, United Kingdom (14 February 2018) – HRH The Prince of Wales today announced a global call to action to save coral reefs from complete global collapse. His call marks the start of a global campaign designed by The Ocean Agency, for the International Year of the Reef – a multi government and NGO initiative led by the International Coral Reef Initiative in collaboration with UN Environment Programme.
Speaking at a gathering of some of the world’s leading coral reef experts and advocates in London, organised by The Prince’s International Sustainability Unit, His Royal Highness said:
“There can be no doubt that we are at a critical tipping point, where we will either ensure or fatally compromise our ability to safeguard the world’s coral reefs and the species that will support future generations of humans and countless other species.”
The Prince’s announcement comes at a pivotal time for coral reefs. The last three years have seen the longest and most extensive coral die-off ever recorded and this impact from global climate change is predicted to worsen for at least the next two to three decades, threatening further destruction to reefs that are already suffering damage from overfishing and pollution.
South Asian Marine Litter Strategy regional workshop will take place on 5-6April 2018 at the Svenska Design Hotel in the city of Mumbai, India.
Regional Policy/Action Plan and appropriate programmes and measures to recycle the volume of litter in the marine environment and to reduce litter entering the marine environment, both from sea and land-based sources in the South Asian Seas region. The regional workshop will take place on 5-6April 2018 at the Svenska Design Hotel in the city of Mumbai, India.
The goal of the workshop is for substantially reduction of marine litter and micro plastics, SACEP Member Countries have requested to collaborate with UN Environment and assist to implement the activities on marine litter by formulating a regional marine litter management action plan and capacity development of the five marine time countries for the sustainable management of marine litter which will ultimately contribute in development of a regional marine litter management action plan for the South Asian Seas (SAS) region.
8th Regional 3R Forum in Asia and the Pacific, 9-12 April 2018, Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India
The “Eighth Regional 3R Forum in Asia and the Pacific “will be held from 9-12 April 2018, in Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India. It is co-organized by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) of Government of India, the Ministry of the Environment of the Government of Japan (MOEJ), and the United Nations Centre for Regional Development (UNCRD) of Division for Sustainable Development (DSD) / UN DESA, under the overall theme of ” Achieving Clean Water, Clean Land and Clean Air through 3R and Resource Efficiency- A 21st Century Vision for Asia-Pacific Communities”.
SACEP is organizing a Parallel event and an Exhibit booth during the 3R Forum on 10th April 2018, from 14.20-16.20 at the Target-III, Brilliant Convention Centre in Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India, on the topic: Recycling of land based Marine Litter: Challenges and Opportunities in South Asia Region.
The Proposed side event will broadly discuss the Challenges and Opportunities the SACEP/SASP member countries of South Asia are facing with regard to recycling of land based Marine Litter in a panel discussion. In particular, panelists will showcase successful stories and case studies where the Governments of South Asia have worked together in achieving the international objectives of 3R practices by embedding the circular economy thinking to recycling waste to overhaul of the linear, take-make-waste patterns of production and consumption in their countries.
Main event of the 3R forum.
CO2 sensor network shows effects of metro growth (Update)
In February 2001, before the Olympic cauldron in Salt Lake City roared to life and focused the world’s spotlight on Utah, scientists at the University of…
Monsanto concealed effects of toxic chemical for decades, Ohio AG alleges
Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine sued agricultural giant Monsanto on Monday, alleging the company concealed dangers posed by …
From foreign mussel to American bullfrog: A guide to invasive species in Singapore
SINGAPORE – Invasive mussels from the Americas have invaded the Republic’s northern coast, spreading fast and forming dense mats that nature groups fear could have …
New mussel species invades Singapore shores
A mussel calamity has befallen Singapore’s northern shores. Since 2016, a new species of mussel that could have come from as far away as the Americas …
Wind and solar power could meet four-fifths of US electricity demand, study finds
The United States could reliably meet about 80 percent of its electricity demand with solar and wind power generation, according to scientists.
Industry ‘exaggerates plastics recycling success’
The packaging industry in England has been accused of exaggerating the amount of its plastic that gets recycled.
World Hacks: A surprising new afterlife for chewing gum
British designer Anna Bullus is on a mission to recycle chewing gum into useful objects, cleaning up our streets in the process.
Supercolony of over 1.5 million penguins discovered
WASHINGTON: Scientists have discovered a previously unknown “supercolony” of more than 15,00,000 Adelie Penguins…
Wildfires: Smoke and cloud interactions unexpectedly result in cooling
For years, scientists determined that smoke, overall, diminishes clouds’ cooling effect by absorbing light that the clouds beneath the aerosols would otherwise reflect.
Mammals share mechanisms controlling the heart with a 400 million-year-old fish
Primitive air-breathing fish, whose direct ancestors first appeared around 400 million years ago, show mechanisms controlling the heart which were previously…
South Asia Regional Updates
These news items are recycled and obtained through site link to its source and SACEP do not have any property right of these news items.
- Afghanistan – March 06, 2018 – 2nd phase of Kajaki dam in offing
- Afghanistan – March 05, 2018 – Spring trees plantation campaign kicks off in Baghlan
- Bangladesh – February 21, 2018 – Study: Seas to rise about a meter even if climate goals are met.
- Bangladesh – March 06, 2018 – Bangladeshi women to receive funding for protection from climate change
- Bangladesh – March 02, 2018 – Bangladesh has the most green RMG factories
- Bangladesh – March 02, 2018 – UN for inclusive growth in Bangladesh keeping environment unhurt
- Bangladesh – February 18, 2018 – Green innovation in Bangladesh.
- Bangladesh – January 31, 2018 -How financing to tackle climate change can be mobilized
- Bangladesh – January 29, 2018 – Environment and Global Climate Change
- Bangladesh – January 29, 2018 – Bangladesh’s monetary policy focuses on government’s sustainable development agenda
- Bhutan – March 05, 2018 – World Wildlife Day celebrated
- Bhutan – February 19, 2018 – Third Technical Working Group (TWG) meeting for Strategic Programme for Climate Resilience (SPCR)
- Bhutan – February 18, 2018 – World Wetlands Day celebrated in Bhutan
- Bhutan – February 18, 2018 – Bhutan, Nepal, Bangladesh to be part of India’s tiger census.
- India – March 06, 2018 – Ajman International Environment Conference begins on March 6
- India – March 05, 2018 – Bird arrivals at state wetlands remain constant at 1.25 lakh
- India – March 05, 2018 – Walking the Talk Making of a Sustainable Campus
- India – March 03, 2018 – World wildlife day – wildlife under threat
- India – February 26, 2018 – PPCB to improve water quality of village ponds
- India – February 26, 2018 – India’s plan for an eco-friendly city asks farmers to give up their land
- India – February 25, 2018 – Need to Explain to People What Climate Change Means in Daily Life: UN Environment Chief
- India – February 21, 2018 – Counted among top four global plastic polluters, can India help save the environment?
- Maldives – March 06, 2018 – Marine Biologist Steven Weinberg to Join Carpe Diem Maldives for 3 Weeks of Expeditions
- Maldives – March 04, 2018 – Research on vulnerabilities of the built environment
- Maldives – February 27, 2018 – Kerala Agricultural University seeds vegetable revolution in Maldives
- Maldives – February 21, 2018 – SEAS TO RISE ABOUT A METRE EVEN IF CLIMATE GOALS ARE MET – STUDY.
- Maldives – February 21, 2018 – Spectacular solar-powered luxury villas in the Maldives.
- Maldives – February 21, 2018 – MTCC contracted to land reclamation to install waste management system.
- Maldives – February 03, 2018 – Maldives’ Wetlands Help Fight Climate Change
- Maldives – January 31, 2018 -Adapting to Climate Change: Pricing Right, Taxing Smart, and Acting Now
- Nepal – March 06, 2018 – Vehicles sans green-stickers to be banned in metropolis
- Nepal – February 27, 2018 – Ice to water
- Nepal – February 22, 2018 – Combating forest fires.
- Nepal – February 21, 2018 – Environment Minister pledges to promote alternative energy.
- Pakistan – February 23, 2018 – NDMA – NHN Pakistan Launch National Roster on Serge Emergency Response Team (SERT).
- Pakistan – February 22, 2018 – Call to make contribution to conserve plants.
- Pakistan – February 22, 2018 – Integral ecology: Spring tree planting campaign launched in Karachi.
- Pakistan – February 22, 2018 – A catastrophe in the making.
- Pakistan – February 21, 2018 – Air pollution: Climate ministry sets up ambient air quality stations in capital.
- Pakistan – February 21, 2018 – Modern Technology Key To Future Of Agriculture; Chairman Pakistan Agriculture Research Council.
- Pakistan – February 21, 2018 – SECMC Signs Agreement To Install 5 MW Solar Power Plant At Thar Coal.
- Pakistan – February 20, 2018 – WWF-Pakistan And SNGPL Distributes Gasifiers Among Rural Women To Provide Economical Green Fuel Source.
- Sri Lanka – March 06, 2018 – Lanka Mineral Sands increases its production, looking at value addition
- Sri Lanka – March 05, 2018 – Sri Lanka Coast Guard celebrates 8th Anniversary
- Sri Lanka – March 03, 2018 – Eco-System Conservation Management Project
- Sri Lanka – March 01, 2018 – Be eco-friendly citizens: Don’t use plastics
- Sri Lanka – February 22, 2018 – Government to provide relief to environment friendly polythene products manufacturers
- Sri Lanka – February 21, 2018 – President stresses improving efficiency of Mahaweli projects to benefit farmer community.
- Sri Lanka – February 19, 2018 – Realizing an Enabling Environment for Adolescent Well-being: An inventory of laws and policies for adolescents in South Asia.
Call For Environment Proposal
- Sustainable Development Conference 2018
- The 24th International Interdisciplinary Conference on the Environment
- Eighth International Conference on the Constructed Environment
- Imagining the Coast: A Public Symposium on the Humanities and the Sea
- 6th International Symposium on Literature and Environment in East Asia
- 4th International Conference on Environmental Science and Technology
- On Sustainability Knowledge Community Call for Thirteenth International Conference on Environmental, Cultural, Economic & Social Sustainability
- Blue Earth Call for documentary projects
- Norway Research Council calls for proposals
- Climate Action, Environment, Resource Efficiency and Raw Materials call for proposal
- Oak Foundation call for proposal
- The objective of the Conservation Trust is to support conservation activities around the world
- The National Geographic Society awards grants for scientific field research and exploration through its Committee for Research and Exploration
- Sandee’s Call For Research Concept Notes On Managing Environmental Changes, Ongoing Call
Fellowship and Trainings
- Environmental Management Training Programme for Developing and Emerging Countries
- Hygiene & Sanitation Promotion for Emergency contexts
- National Environmental Justice Conference and Training Program
- Funding, Calls, Grants And Fellowships in UNCCD
- Scholarships and Internships
- Scholarships in Asia and the Pacific
- 2018 Environmental Training Schedule
- MSc Climate Change, Management & Finance – NEW
- Clean Air Week 2018 will be held from 19-23 March 2018 at the UN Conference Center in Bangkok,Thailand.
- South Asian Marine Litter Strategy regional workshop will take place on 5-6April 2018 at the Svenska Design Hotel in the city of Mumbai, India.
- Eighth Regional 3R Forum in Asia and the Pacific, 9-12 April 2018, Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India
- SACEP is organizing a Parallel event and an Exhibit booth during the 3R Forum on 10th April 2018, from 14.20-16.20 at the Target-III, Brilliant Convention Centre in Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India.
Get Involved with SACEP